aka. favourite tunes of 2015
Songs are like bookmarks to small moments in my life. Feelings rise and fall. I feel smiley or just ugh. I’ll collect songs in a playlist and try to relive those moments or just contemplate.
Here is my 2015 playlist and a few songs that have soundtracked a moment in 2015. I hope you find (maybe) new tunes or artists through this. Let me know!
- Humanimal – Fire In The Hamptons: such a great beat to start the playlist. I was looking at songs featured in Gossip Girl when I stumbled across this one.
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap: On NYE we watched 500 Days of Summer. Haven’t watched it before. The song stuck. I loved the film.
- West Coast – Coconut Records: I remember listening to this the morning after a hilarious night out.
- Miles Away – The Maine: The band that soundtracked my days in high school released a new album this year. I’ve got a soft spot for them in my heart. They are turning 10 in 2017!
- Jungle – Panama: The tune that started summer for me.
- Dreaming – Smallpools: My studying song when I became delirious and need to jam out to a beat.
- First and Bitter Poem– Cold War Kids: I played these two tunes on replay on the way to work everyday during December.