Melbourne was great.
I went with two friends and here’s what we ended up doing:
1. Shandong Mama – This was 100% my favourite meal. The ‘Little Rachael’ and the ‘King Prawn’ dumplings were so sweet and delicious. Before this meal I never understood anyone who would describe seafood as ‘sweet’ because every time I tried seafood I would taste seawater (not an avid seafood fan). But now I know what they’re talking about and I totally recommend checking this place out if you hate seafood.
2. Donut Shop – Located in Fitzroy the simple cinnamon doughnut was what I needed after walking around the Gertrude Street Projection Festival. Fresh and fluffy but it’s $5 for one doughnut (but totally worth it and 100% fluffy if you are looking for a fluffy doughnut)
4. Raw Trader – I visited Raw Trader last time I went to Melbourne but this time I listened to my gut and ordered a slice of Apple Pie no-cheese cheesecake. It was fluffy and actually tasted like apple pie- also incredibly filling.
5. The Hardware Societe – I had the herbed roasted mushrooms, 100% recommended if you’re not feeling the lobster benedict. Really large portions and also really long lines. Definitely recommend waking up early to avoid lines.
6. White Mojo – If you can’t be bothered to wait in line at The Hardware Societe just go next door to White Mojo! They don’t have lobster benedict but they have pork benedict which was delicious and not that heavy for the morning.
7. 8bit – I love this burger/ hot dog joint. I ordered the same thing as last time – 8bit with cheese- flavour and quality is still A+. My friend and I ordered chilli cheese fries to share but it was too chilli and too salty for us.
8. Bomba – Okay, this was our ‘fancy’ dinner for our trip but I don’t remember much from this meal mainly because we ordered a set meal with 9 dishes and we had previously stuffed ourselves with food four hours before. You don’t have to order a set meal but we found the menu quite overwhelming so we just had the waitress choose for us. The two dishes that I enjoyed (and remembered) was the pumpkin soup and the chargrilled corn.
9. Five Plus Smoothie – And as always, I love some green juice.
1. Gertrude Street Projection Festival: a small light projection festival that is only happening on Gertrude St in Fitzroy.
2. The Rose St Market: A market on Rose St in Fitzroy
3. We walked through Fitzroy Gardens and into The Conservatory
4. And we visited NGV Australia and NGV International